Lingerie is function over sex appeal on your wedding day. It is meant to keep everything in all the right places under the gown of your dreams.
When you think of under-the-gown lingerie, you may be envisioning the wedding night. You return to your bridal suite after a dreamy day, rose petals strewn about the room, soft music begins playing inexplicably, and then the magic happens. You disrobe, revealing a sexy, romantic outfit that makes your partner’s mouth drop open. While that is a nice fantasy, bridal lingerie is a different story. Curb your expectations and think about these undergarment tips.
1. If you aren’t a fan of strapless bras, self-adhesive bras or even going braless, consider the cut of your gown. If you are a person who wants a supportive bra, know that a backless or strapless gown may not accommodate that.
2. Go for invisibility. You don’t want to be able to see any lines through your dress.
3. Purchase shapewear (think Spanx) if it makes you feel more comfortable in your dress.
4. Many women are not wearing the correct size bra. Don’t be that woman. Go for a fitting and purchase the best-fitting bra you can find. Spend that cash to make it happen.
5. Bring your undergarments to your dress fittings to be sure they achieve the look you’re going for.
6. Change into sexier lingerie when you return to your hotel room or home. Depending on the dress, you’ll need your partner’s help getting the dress off. There are buttons, zippers and corsets to deal with. Get the dress off and then slip into something a little more comfortable.
Leave a Reply