Hotels are a great option for weddings! If this type of venue is on your short list, here are a few things to consider.
- Ask to see all ceremony/reception options available at the hotel. Sometimes there are more unique ideas than a ballroom. A garden, perhaps? Something on the roof? Or maybe a sunny lobby area?
- Work with the hotel to secure a block of rooms for your guests and inquire about and deals they might have because you’re hosting your event there.
- Know that you may need some extra décor to truly make the space your own. Vinyl floor runners/dance floors can really make a difference. Also, put flowers on anything and everything!
- Discuss your preferred vendors with your contact at the hotel, making sure the hotel isn’t exclusive with certain vendors.
- Ask if there are other major events on the night of your wedding. Conventions, for example, can put a strain on hotel resources.
- Book the hotel restaurant, if possible, for a morning-after brunch.
- Indulge in a suite! This is your wedding day. Book a great room for you and your partner to enjoy for a day or two after the wedding.
- Take a look at the decor inspiration below and get planning!
Creative Director, stylist, planner, designer: Sunshine Events Planner
Venue: Alt Hotel Saskatoon
Photography: J & D Wedding Studio
Videography: MJ & Co Stories
Floral: Blooms by Sunshine
Rentals & linens: Handy Special Events
Stationery: Paper Ocelot Studios
Wedding Dresses: W Bridals
Suits & groom’s accessories: Anthony’s Fashion
Wedding rings: GMG Jewellers
Wedding cake: Ennyala Bakes
Hair: Hair Pro Boutique
Makeup: Makeup by Anh Pham
Bride’s jewelry & masks: Etceteras
Modelling agency: Masala Model & Talent
Model stylist: Jasmyn Naomi Runway
Models: Ashley & Tobi
Leave a Reply