Teresa & Graeme Stout
Why did you choose a red dress?
I wanted to incorporate my Taiwanese heritage by wearing a traditional red gown on my wedding day. Also, Graeme was wearing his bright white uniform so any other white dress beside him would have just looked off-white or even yellow in comparison!
Describe the top 3 best moments and why they are your favourites:
- Getting the best of both worlds! It was so hard for us to pick a venue because we wanted a grand setting for our special day but also loved the idea of a relaxed backyard party that fits with our personality more. In the end, having our wedding ceremony at the stunning Hatley Castle followed by a BBQ and open bar reception at Heritage Acres was exactly what we were looking for!
- The first dance will forever be a core memory for us. We chose an acoustic version of The Beatle’s “Twist and Shout” and had the band customize the lyrics to “Teresa and Stout”. Towards the end, the band switched to the upbeat original version and our friends and family joined us on the dance floor to sing along.
- We were both so surprised and delighted that our personalized vows were almost the same promises made to each other, but we each told them with our special spins. It truly shows how aligned our values are and how perfect we are for each other.
Describe your favourite wedding details:
We loved being able to include so many personal touches into our wedding to make it truly special and “us.”
- Custom wedding crest and wine labels. My talented bridesmaid Emily and MC Chloe designed masterpieces for our wedding that we are so grateful for. Chloe sketched out my red wedding dress and Graeme’s white naval uniform to create custom red wine and white wine labels on the dinner tables. Emily designed a wedding crest for us with our names and personal motifs and symbols with special meaning to us like our tattoos. We loved being able to incorporate the crest into our signage and stationery, and it’s now hanging in our dining room as a keepsake!
- Attire. Graeme looked so handsome in his bright white naval uniform with his medals on display and I wore a traditional red qipao as a little twist to the bride being the one in white!
- Engagement ring. Hiroko at Barclays designed my engagement ring and we love the unique look so much. It features a round diamond centre stone surrounded by smaller emeralds and diamonds, which incorporates both of our birthstones. Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly had the same idea with their emerald and diamond birthstone ring, but we did it first!
- Feature drinks. We had a special “Sourtoe” shot that featured Yukon Jack whiskey and a Big Foot candy, which pays homage to the real sourtoe shot we drank in celebration of our engagement when Graeme proposed in the Yukon. In the real deal, the infamous drink includes a human toe in a shot of Yukon Jack whiskey. For the less adventurous, we also had a specialty gin and tonic (since our initials are G&T)!
- Seating chart. Having visited 25+ countries together as a couple, travelling is a big part of our lives and relationship. We incorporated this by having our favourite people be seated at our favourite places by naming tables after countries rather than traditional table numbers. We also included a photo of us at that destination at each table.
Anything else that made your wedding unique? My “big sister” Jessica sang the bridal entrance song “Can’t Help Falling In Love” and it was so touchingly beautiful.
Also, the best man’s wife gave birth days before the wedding and their entire family including the newborn still drove across three provinces to make it here for our special day! Kudos!
Wedding Venue: Hatley Castle,Victoria, BC
Reception venue: Heritage Acres
Wedding Dress: Etsy
Wedding Ring Vendor: Manly Bands
Engagement Ring Vendor: Barclays Fine Jewellers
Day of Coordinator: Blue Lily Event Planning
Hair & Make Up: Heartwood & Co.
Florist: Jennings Florists
Cake: Pammiecakes Bakery and Cupcake Boutique
Stationery and Signage: all designed by friend
Catering: Island Culinary Service Inc.
Transportation/limousine: Garden City Transportation
Music/DJ: Ryan Laird with West Coast Wedding Band
Videographer: Tanner Biggan Productions
See more real weddings here!