It all began with the “first look”. Couples started bucking tradition by seeing each other before the ceremony (take that, crazy old superstitions!). The first look was such a success, that couples have now moved on to saying their vows privately, before the ceremony. And doing this outdoors, sneaking away into a romantic wooded area, is over-the-top special. Here are a few reasons to share your vows privately.
- If you’re shy and not much of a public speaker, it might be easier to say what you truly want to say if fewer eyes are upon you. You can invite a photographer or videographer to capture your words, or just sneak off privately.
- You can be candid with your partner and say whatever you like. It doesn’t have to be poetry; just speak from the heart. There is no need to censor yourself.
- It is a moment that the two of you will remember in an intimate way. Chances are that the rest of the day will be filled with people and commotion; the vows may be your only private moment of the day.
- You can take your time. If you’re crying, cry. If you’re laughing, laugh. There’s no need to cut things short and move on.
- Those cute little vow books make for great photos. Just saying.
For more intimate wedding ideas, read our new Intimate Wedding Guide!
Leave a Reply