How to avoid hard feelings:
- Set up a list of all the categories and do your homework about an approximate price range in each category.
- Meet with those who have offered to share in the cost of the wedding.
- Distribute your price range sheet to everyone at the meeting.
- Decide on the number of guests and how they will be allocated.
- Make specific notes about who (and how much) each person is committing to pay for.
- After the meeting, distribute this specific memo to everyone at the meeting.
- Do not make any decisions or purchases without the specific approval of the person(s) paying for that category.