Why are so many bridal couples planning destination weddings? Some brides tell us that they want to avoid the stress of planning a big, traditional wedding. Others love the entire experience of having their wedding and their honeymoon in one location. And still others say they can experience a glamorous never-to-be-forgotten wedding while saving thousands of dollars. The biggest decision is where to go.
Jamaica is the choice of many Canadian couples – and with good reason. Compared to many sun destinations, Jamaica helps couples get married. Here’s how:
- Getting married in Jamaica is easy: Visitors can be married just 24 hours after arriving, providing a prior application has been made for a marriage licence.
- Some hotels will make all arrangements for you. Special package prices include performance of the ceremony, taxes, transportation costs and other items including special requests, such as a wedding cake.
- Non-denominational marriage officers are available. They can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a site chosen by the couple. They also can provide witnesses.
And after the wedding
The wedding is over, the pictures are taken, the memories will last forever. And now get ready for fun. It’s honeymoon time!
There is no island that offers so much in beauty, great beaches, clear water and endless activities.
- Take a cruise – there is a great variety depending on the experience you want.
- Tour plantations or botanical gardens. Bring your camera.
- Visit historical sites and be fascinated about the country you’re visiting.
- Experience an adventure tour. There’s a wide selection available.
- Hit the trails. Go horseback riding or tour on a bicycle.
- Hike and discover the adventure of the Green Grotto caves.
- Try water rafting – an experience you’ll long remember.
- Shop for local crafts and bring home unique items and local delicacies.
- Enjoy the great local foods as well as fine European cuisine in great restaurants.
Best of all, take advantage of the sun, the glorious beaches, the blue, blue sea and all the water sports for which Jamaica is justly famous.