Want your wedding tablescape to be unforgettable? Follow these tips to create some dreamy décor.
1. Choose your colour scheme and carry it throughout all the details of the table. You can go for pops of colour, or more drama, using the colour to overwhelm your table. Decide if you’d like simple or elaborate. Remember: the aesthetic of your venue doesn’t have to dictate your wedding décor. Cold, industrial venues pair well with lush greenery. You don’t have to go matchy matchy.
2. Decide on a centrepiece. It’s called a centrepiece for a reason; it’s the centre of attention. Do you want flowers? Candles? Minimal blooms or detailed arrangements? If you’re dealing with tight quarters, be sure everyone at the table can see each other, and don’t go for overly fragrant flowers. The smell of some lilies, for example, can be overpowering.
3. Forget the same old catering china and go for unique tableware (plates, utensils, glasses). Using varying textures is a nice way to break up a boring placesetting.
4. Unique tableware doesn’t stop at plates and drinkware. Think about butter trays, salt and pepper shakers or serving utensils. Any designs that are outside the norm will add whimsical little touches to the table.
5. Know that the devil is in the details. Those little pops of colour, delicate designs and unique items are the icing on your tablescape cake.
6. Get creative with your place cards and table numbers. Plain paper cards work just fine, and can look really beautiful especially if calligraphy is used, but laser-cut names are really personal and fun to look at.
7. Add some height. Whether with candles, florals or unique food stands, height helps turn your table into a work of art. It is much more impressive than simple, flat table trimmings. Also, candles are always a beautiful addition to any table. Just be sure they are far enough from the flowers! Hot tip: fires tend to ruin wedding days.
8. Don’t forget the chairs! There are so many options available! Say goodbye to traditional folding chairs and say hello to functional, stylish furniture.
Click here for 29 of our favourite tablescapes of 2020!