If you have a four-legged family member, or even just a love of furry friends, don’t forget to include them in your wedding! Non-human guests always steal the show and make for great photos.
Before you include pets or animals, do consider:
1. Is anyone in your wedding party allergic to dogs (or have a fear of them)?
2. Is your furry friend actually allowed at your venue? Check with the management.
3. Does your pup have the personality that suits crowds and being the centre of attention. Walking down the aisle is only part of the process. Your dog will have to endure many hands wanting to sneak in a pat or two.
4. Who will take care of your dog during photos? The last thing you need is the hassle of wrangling your pup.
5. How will your dog get home? Be sure your ride or doggy daycare is arranged. If your pup is headed home, make sure his chauffeur has keys to your house.
If you feel comfortable, then break out the leash and doggie tuxedo!
Julie & Daniel
After 10 years together, this couple said I do in a stunningly elegant outdoor celebration. And of course, they had to include their doggo in the ceremony.
Claire & Alex
The great thing about a backyard wedding is that it’s much easier for your dog to attend both the ceremony and the reception!
Alexis & Blaze
If you have a family farm, it’s only right that your goats would make an appearance at your wedding. They are just too cute to leave off the guest list!
Nadia & Yosef
This handsome little man was the start of the show in his teeny tiny tux.
Rosa & Alex
This couple’s Peruvian backgrounds meant bright colours, Spanish signage, Peruvian textiles and music, and, of course, llamas.
See more real weddings here!