Suddenly everyone wants curls. Maybe it’s just loose waves or letting loose those natural curls you’ve been straightening for the past few years. Here’s how to get the look.
If you’re addicted to very straight hair, curly hair can be a nice change. Start with a thickening foam to give it body. Then use a curling iron from the root of the hair to the end to turn your hair from flat to curled.
If you have naturally curly hair that tends to frizz, you need a product that is specifically styled to help your type of hair. Do you have thick hair? If so, you need a relaxing product. Do you have fine hair? Try a lightweight styling cream.
Getting good results
- Beware of too much straightening. It damages hair’s elasticity.
- Restore hair health with a careful, layer-by-layer cut.
- Use hair products that are specific to your ethnicity, such as Asian, Mediterranean, African, Scandinavian.
- Don’t towel dry or shake vigorously if you have very curly hair. This encourages frizz. Gently squeeze dry with a towel to remove excess water.
- Apply an anti-frizz balm, oil, or lotion to curly hair after a shower while it’s still damp.
- Try turning your head upside down and comb an anti-frizz lotion through it with a wide-tooth comb.