Imagine a 13th-century small village, empty and ignored, in the heart of southern Tuscany in Italy. Then imagine a group with taste, money and imagination restoring the buildings while retaining their historical integrity. The result is Borgo Finocchieto.
Today, the Borgo has 22 bedrooms and suites around a central piazza. Each house has its own common spaces with daily stocked refrigerator and pantry and private terraces.
One house has nine large suites. Two others have two-bedrooms. Another was once the church of the village and now has four bedrooms. The largest of the village houses has five bedrooms.
You need to have a car to take advantage of the area. For example, it’s a:
- five-minute drive to bars, restaurants and a grocery store.
- 15 minute drive to Montalcino.
- 75 minute drive to Florence.
- 90 minute drive to Rome or Pisa.
Savour the Culture
Start the day with a breakfast buffet that is included in the price. Then explore the medieval towns of beautiful Montepulciano, Pienza and San Quirico. Reserve at least a day for Florence.
Bike and hike. Or relax at the Borgo and swim in the 60-foot pool with Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Play crochet, bocce, tennis and full court basketball.
All of Tuscany is ideal for honeymooners. It is a magical part of Italy.
- A two-bedroom house rents for about $1,170 a day.
- A five-bedroom house rents for about $4,500 a day.
- The entire Borgo (for 18 guests) is about $9,500 a day.
Visit discovertuscany.com for more information.