You may have had your eye on the perfect site for your reception but find it is more expensive than you had hoped. Either change the site or cut your budget in other ways. Which you do will depend on what matters the most to you.
Trim Your Costs
- Cut down in specific areas, such as trimming your guest list, having a DJ instead of a band, choosing a lower priced gown or closing the bar during the dinner hour, limiting bar drinks to wine.
- It starts with taking note of the percentage of each category that bites into your budget.
- Book well ahead of time and nail down current costs.
- Take advantage of the site’s setting and work around what they can provide for decor at no charge.
- Book any day except Saturday, which is the popular wedding day and usually costs more. Negotiate.
Originally published in Today’s Bride magazine, Fall/Winter 2017.