Still not sure what you’d like your bridesmaids to wear? We chatted with Jason Gillen, designer at Alfred Angelo, to catch up on this season’s top trends.
- A hint of sparkle: The shine and sparkle factor has been going way up in 2015.
- Asymmetrical hemlines: From red carpets to fashion runways, asymmetrical hemlines are popping up everywhere. The bridal world is no exception especially in the form of hi-low hemlines and asymmetric angled skirts.
- Eye-catching back details: Choose a dress with fresh accents like a sheer cutout, intricate details or even an eye-catching asymmetric bow. It’s a little bit sassy, but still subtle enough that your bridesmaids won’t feel like they are baring it all.
- Sheer net overlays: The sheer layers of fabric over the skirt give bridesmaid dresses an ethereal vibe that not only looks soft and delicate, but also adds a whimsical compliment to any gown.
- Ombre: Same dress, different colours.
“We’ve been seeing ombré everywhere,” says Jason. This trend has translated into bridesmaid dresses. The idea is to put four bridesmaids in the same dress style, but in four shades of the same color from light to dark. At Alfred Angelo, we make it easy for retail by offering every bridesmaid style gown in 62 ‘Dream in Color’ shades to best express a bride’s individual personality and to best match their wedding theme and color palette.
For more great colours and styles check out Alfred Angelo Bridal.