When you think beach, think Daytona Beach – the world’s most famous beach. Why? Because its 23 mile history heralds back to an era when cars actually raced on the hard-packed sand. In fact, even today you can still drive on Daytona Beach in designated areas. It’s strange, but kinda cool, to see stop signs on a beach!
I stayed at The Shores Resort & Spa; the only AAA Four-Diamond luxury oceanfront boutique resort in Central Florida. I am long past my honeymoon, but it was clearly an ideal honeymoon destination. In fact, I was witness to two weddings during my short stay and they were breathtaking. How can you go wrong with a backdrop of the famous Daytona Beach, sun and surf and a stunning resort.
But let’s talk honeymoon. The Shores boasts:
- Concierge services
- Personal check-in Ambassador
- In-room iHomes for docking your iPods/iPhones
- Plasma TV’s
- Oceanfront pool with Jacuzzi, Tiki bar and private cabanas
- Oceanside fire pits
- 24 hour room service
- Valet Parking
- Fitness centre with complete training circuit and free weights
- Spacious lobby/gathering area
- Tennis/recreation facilities
- Indulge Spa – six treatment rooms and Vichy shower
- Plus, you receive, on arrival, a S’Mores pack (to create at the fireside pit).
- Pet friendly if you want to bring Fido
- And great food with Azure, their signature restaurant
There is so much to see and do. If you both like car racing, there is the famous Daytona International Speedway (Daytona 500); check out the official website www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com for dates.
If speeding cars aren’t your thing, there are smaller and local attractions like the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse, Marine Science Center, Deep Sea Fishing, lots of water sports, shopping and walking that famous beach (just be mindful of the traffic).
The Shores is also less than a 90 minute drive to all Orlando site attractions (yes, we did a visit to Disneyworld first).
When you book you can enjoy three amazing nights at The Shores . Your package includes champagne and strawberries upon arrival, a couples massage and ritual bath in their private treatment room in the Indulge Spa and a $100 resort credit to enjoy in The Shores signature restaurant Azure or for additional indulgences in their spa!
The six night package includes:
- Champagne upon arrival
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Daily breakfast for two
- $100 resort credit
- Couples Massage
- Couples ritual bath
For more information and to book your honeymoon visit:
The Shores Resort & Spa, www.shoresresort.com