What is a bridesmaid’s job?
The maid of honour is like the captain of the football team, says wedding consultant Candice Wasserstein. It is still her job to organize the other maids to plan a shower or bachelorette party and take care of the wedding day details (including carrying the groom’s ring). The maids are all available to help with pre-wedding duties such as addressing envelopes. They do what best friends would instinctively do.
- Help plan a shower and/or bachelorette party.
- Help assemble wedding favours or gift bags.
- Lend an ear to the bride on all things related to the wedding.
- Help with other aspects of the wedding, such as decorating for the ceremony and reception.
- Have to answer their phone at 3 a.m. because the bride is freaking out over linen choices.
- Have to lose drastic amounts of weight or change their hair colour to look like all the other bridesmaids.
- Have to spend their life savings for over-the-top wedding ideas suggested by the bride.
- Have to spend the wedding day being a servant to the bride.
- Have to ignore their own spouse or date because he’s not a groomsman.