Want help in paying for your
honeymoon? Check out the possibility
of registering for your holiday.
You can include a honeymoon
component to your registry so
wedding guests can choose any
of the usual items that couples
register for but also have the option
of purchasing a part of the couple’s
honeymoon as their wedding gift.
The bridal couple breaks down
the various items and puts on their
registry the major elements of their
honeymoon, along with the cost,
- hotel room, per night
- dinner and a bottle of wine
- room and a bottle of champagne
- spa treatments
- car rentals
With a few clicks of the mouse,
guests can make their choice and
send the wedding gift from anywhere
in the world.
- The couple checks their registr y
options. Most major store registries
have a honeymoon component.
- Guests can phone, mail, email or
fax their order.
- Credit cards are accepted.
- Bridal couples can collect their gifts
and the schedule according to the
way the registry is set up.
Then, they are on their way to the
honeymoon of their dreams!
you need to know:
- The most popular honeymoon
gifts are beachfront dinners,
sunset cruises, gondola rides and
- The average total dollars received
in honeymoon gifts is $2,500.
- Emily Post’s Institute of Etiquette
approves honeymoon registries as
an acceptable gift registry concept.
- There should be no registration fee
for the couple.
- There should be no fee charged to
Originally published in Today’s Bride magazine, Fall/Winter 2012.