Vienna radiates its cultural heritage, boulevards, medieval streets and courtyards. Exchange vows before a registrar at many landmarks from museums to the imperial residence to the Hofburg to the gardens of Schonbrunn Palace to the Vienna Ferris Wheel.
The following documents are required:
- Proof of citizenship (passport).
- Birth certificate (original or certified copy).
- Proof of residence (driver’s licence or other documents that shows address of the residence).
- Certificate of single status or, if previously married, marriage certificate of previous marriage(s) and proof of their dissolution or death certificate(s).
- All documents (other than passport and driver’s licences) must be submitted in German, or be accompanied by a certified German translation.
- If the couple is neither Austrian nor a resident, the application must be filed for the First District of Vienna at the Standesamt (Standesamt Wien-Innere Stadt Schlesingerplatz 4 A-1080 Vienna Austria). Two witnesses are required.
Service Options and Contacts
- Only civil marriages (performed in Canada or in Austria) are recognized.
- No residency period.
- Administrative procedures can take two to four weeks.
- An official Austrian interpreter may be required at your expense.
- Same-gender couples can get legally married at more than 40 locations in Vienna. Phone: +43-1-4000-08591 E-mail: email@example.com